Featuring Nir Felder, Joel Harrison, Oz Noy, and David Gilmore.
Whether you’re looking to study jazz, Americana, avant-garde, gritty funk-rock, gorgeous balladry or the newest concepts in rhythms, you’ll find it here.
The camp is an offshoot of the Alternative Guitar Summit, a yearly gathering in NYC of some of the most creative guitarists on earth.
In the words of Summit founder Joel Harrison, “This camp represents the type of learning situation I longed for growing up, but could never find.”
The benefits of attending our camp extend beyond the strengths of the teachers. Of equal import are the connections you will make with other dedicated students in this gorgeous setting.
You can participate in any number of organized and impromptu jam sessions, share insights and ideas, and perform with the teachers as well.
You’ll walk away from your stay with enough inspiration to last the whole year.
1) Rhythm boot camp- developing your inner groove no matter the time cycle
2) Finding your own sound in any style
3) Free improv
4) The art of accompaniment in any style
5) Ways to approach jazz tunes
6) The new landscape of electronic effects
7) Playing a great solo
8) Jazz fundamentals: theory and practice ideas
9) Funk and jazz-rock guitar
10) Business boot camp- how to make a living