Listen to Our Monthly Podcast:
- Episode 1 – Henry Threadgill Part One: Discusses his new suite of concertos including a guitar concerto
- Episode 2 – Henry Threadgill Interview Part 2: Further discusses his composing method, Beethoven and James Brown, Varese and the primacy of intervals
- Episode 3 – Nels Cline discusses past and present, formative experiences, composing practices, playing with Wilco, views on improvising, effects, and more.
- Episode 4 – Miles Okazaki plays and talks about his approach to rhythm and groove, discusses his new guitar book, reflects on alliances with Steve Coleman, Dan Weiss, and others.
- Episode 5 – Liberty Ellman talks about groove, playing with Henry Threadgill, his roots, and his amazing new record, coming out in August.
- Episode 6 – Ben Monder talking about rock and jazz roots, early study, chordal fixation, work as a sideman, and composing. He plays a couple of amazing passages of Stella By Starlight and I’ll Remember April that you should not miss!
- Episode 7 – Elliot Sharp on the roots of his experimentalism, the Lower East Side in the 80’s, tapping, composing for orchestra, solo guitar and quite a lot in between.